While the Appleton Remixology was taking place in the Lower East Side at the Hotel Chantelle another competition was brewing in Midtown at the Andaz Hotel. Bärenjäger Honey Liqueur hosted their second annual bartender competition Monday night where Winner Kyle Ford (Empellon’s head bartender) from New York took home the grand prize: $1,000 cash and an all expenses paid trip for 2 to Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany where he competed against six other contestants from all over the country.
Five nationally acclaimed judges—“King Cocktail” and master mixologist Dale DeGroff, Dushan Zaric (Employees Only and Macao Trading Co)., world-renowned cocktail historian David Wondrich, Aisha Sharpe of Contemporary Cocktails, Inc. and Todd Richman, corporate mixologist at Sidney Frank.
Bartender Line up:
- · Kyle Ford: Empellon- New York City
- · Chad Arnholt: Citizen Public House – Boston
- · Christopher Martino: The Jack Rose Dining Saloon – Washington D.C.
- · Colin Shearn: The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co.- Philadelphia
- · Erick B. Smith: Niche Hospitality/Still & Stir – Worcester, Mass.
- · Burton Daniel: Happy/Bitter Bar – Boulder, Colo.